• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmy Khanway

Jimmy Khanway

Staff

• Moderators
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

I'm not the worlds biggest Wii fan and I really only use it for Super Smash Bros and Legend of Zelda, but is anyone going to buy the Wii U? There's about a 50/50 shot of me getting the Wii U just because I want to feel cool and say I have one. Ok, that last part was a lie, but I want it just in case something good comes out on it. I also want to see if the tablet controller thing is any good and if using a tablet is the new way to game (I'm leaning towards hell/fuck no). Is anyone else going to get the Wii U?

Posted Image

#2 Cristina

Cristina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

Hmm, well, Nintendo didn't do a great job of convincing me of buying one at E3 so...I'm more at a 40% chance of wanting one as of now. I don't even have my Wii hooked up, haha.

#3 Greg Morton

Greg Morton

Staff

• Moderators
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

Whether I purchase a Wii U or not depends on how the Zelda game for it looks. No Zelda, no Wii U. Bad Zelda, no Wii U. Awesome Zelda, Wii U.
You can catch me on my Personal website, twitter @Master00Sniper, or YouTube channel. XBL Gamertag: Master00Sniper

#4 apy5000

apy5000

Staff

• Moderators
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Based on Nintendo's recent history with Zelda and Mario games, they're probably going to put out an awesome Zelda or Mario game and force me to get one haha.

As for quality third party support, I'll believe it when I see it.

#5 Deluxe0111

Deluxe0111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

I will probally get it - mainly for Smash and Zelda
I also like the idea of the tablet controller. Just hope the third party stuff is good.

#6 Tommo2304

Tommo2304

Staff

• Moderators
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

Two of the main points Nintendo needed to address appear to have been addressed, at least from what we have seen so far. Those points were the major graphical limitations of the Wii and the horrendous third party support, or should I say lack of. The only thing I still find disconcerting is the tablet controller and, while the recent improvement on its looks has indeed been relieving, I still find myself sceptical. Not only that, but they unveiled their Pro Controller, which has to make you wonder just how much faith they actually have in that tablet.
Check out my Youtube channel! - http://www.youtube.c...4?feature=guide</p>

#7 random92

random92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Further on the point of the tablet, how much is it going to cost?! The pro controller will probably be priced like existing Xbox/PS3 controllers, which will be expensive enough, but if you want a second tablet, it could well set you back as much as £50-60. That's a lot of money for a controller frankly. Recently I watched a video, where the guy pointed out that Nintendo could quite easily have used the 3DS as a controller. It has the screen that they need, and the necessary controls. There will clearly be some Wii U/3DS cross overs, but whether that is just saved data (for me a pain as I'm not likely to buy the Wii U at the moment, Nintendo haven't sold it to me) or whether there will be a nice reward for those that own Nintendo handheld and main consoles.

#8 Profexxion

Profexxion

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

This is the logic I used for this decision: Since Wii had decently appealing titles at launch, but had crappy support after that up until petition for localization for its best two titles went down, I will not be getting the Wii U. Its launch titles look less appealing and the gimmick doesn't seem too popular.

#9 tickling

tickling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

I am buying a Wii U at launch and I have two pre-ordered the ZombiU package and the Premium one also. Still not sure one to go for! May get both and then eBay one. The WiiU has one killer feature which is getting overlooked. The gaming demographic has changed as the nes/snes kids are grown up with families. With the WiiU we can now play games on the WiiU when the TV is being used by someone else because of the tablet. This a big feature and is one of the reasons I am buying it.

#10 Cristina

Cristina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

i've also noticed online a bunch of people complaing about the price of the games for it (59 bucks). Thoughts?

#11 tickling

tickling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

They are coming in line with PS3 / Xbox games so I am not overly concerned with that as I expect the price of games to spiral downward to a £30 / $45 for a new AAA title during the next console run. The loss in money will gained from DLC. Gaming is going through massive changes. You have the growing and hate this terms "casual" market. You then have the boom in mobile / tablet gaming at a very low price. Finally you have the end of current console cycle. These 3 things together are getting developers and publishers edgy. What I think we happen is the way the entertainment industry involved.

The "casual" and mobile gaming market will see Tv type experiences. These being easy to get into as in that you dont need to have seen it before to watch. Usually pretty short and fun with a low price point and eventually you get "films" onto the device. Can you see where I am going here! Games on the big 3 consoles will be like films in the cinema. You have the hype building for months. Quality is usually a lot better and it is an experience watching them. You look forward to each release and you pick and choose your film choices.

Did I explain that well?

#12 Jerieth

Jerieth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I think Nintendo dropped the ball on the Wii U. I don't see that much improvement except for the new controller / screen combo. Its interesting, but I find the new controller way too big, and clunky. Seems like a stretch to get rid of my Nintendo Wii for another consule that looks pretty much the same, just has a new accessory. I guess I will wait to see if my third party games come out for it. The control scheme would be good for strategy and RPG games.

----------------------

http://www.playnswap.com
#1 Site to Trade your old video games for new ones FREE!

#13 matthewsbuck

matthewsbuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

What to Look for in a Hard Drive That You Are Purchasing? When you are going to buy laptop hard drive, it is extremely important to look for one that is going to be fast and large enough to accommodate all of your files and data needs. It Yeah, it's just what I need, I'm about to have a new one I always use Dell Hard Disk Drives, what about you, guys? Gateway!!!lol

#14 matthewsbuck

matthewsbuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

What to Look for in a Hard Drive That You Are Purchasing? When you are going to buy laptop hard drive, it is extremely important to look for one that is going to be fast and large enough to accommodate all of your files and data needs. It Yeah, it's just what I need, I'm about to have a new one I always use Dell Hard Disk Drives, what about you, guys? Gateway!!!lol