• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Morton

Greg Morton

Staff

• Moderators
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

I can't tell if the guy is being sarcastic or if he's just a HUGE Sony Fanboy. Either way, I had a good laugh and thought I'd share with you guys. It received more dislikes than it did likes.

(comment talking about next gen consoles)

"The sacred PS4 will be the one to lead the AAA gaming industry to glory, most people are scared but I will tell you all be patient and dont be afraid because the PS4 will control this industry and steer it to the promise land where gaming will be safe for all eternity, next year is obviously going to be a big year with so much great games for the PS3 and then E3 2013 the earth will shake at the presence of the PS4.

Be patient fellow gamers and submit to the king PS4 to be saved."
You can catch me on my Personal website, twitter @Master00Sniper, or YouTube channel. XBL Gamertag: Master00Sniper

#2 Jimmy Khanway

Jimmy Khanway

Staff

• Moderators
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

Ha! I actually laughed out loud at this...haven't done that in a while. This is a joke right? Personally, I fucking hate the PlayStation, it's dumb controller and it's games. Uncharted and God Of War are the only series I wish Xbox had, but you can't always get what you want...unless you have a PC then you can get anything you want.

After the PlayStation Network got the shit hacked out of it my faith in Sony was nonexistent. Granted the PS3 has better graphics and sound than the Xbox, but what the Xbox lacks in the video and audio department it makes up in it's online services, multiplayer, games and additional products such as the Kinect (It's not the best motion sensor device, but it's a start).

"You will never see a PlayStation get the red ring of death!". Guess what? I've never seen an Xbox get the red ring of death. I'm pretty sure everyone who has had the red ring of death was either unlucky or did't take care of their Xbox/do dumb shit with it. "PlayStation 3 has a Blue Ray player!". Congratulations, so does my laptop and if I was feeling like a "badass" I'd illegally download a Blue Ray movie and they're not that much better than a regular HD movie.

I'm a PC gamer first and foremost and in my opinion PC gaming is the King and always has been. The PS4 and the Xbox 720 can come and go, but my rig will still be standing.

Side Note: Every time I play online on someones PlayStation 3 I absolutely stomp everyone into the ground and it doesn't matter what game it is. Xbox has the best players by far and they fuck me up sideways.

Posted Image

#3 Greg Morton

Greg Morton

Staff

• Moderators
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

We have 3 xbox's in this household, one of them was purchased in 2008 or 2009. All three of them work perfectly fine. The really old one has problems opening the disc drive when there is no disc inside (WTF?), but random glitches like this is expected in any electronic device after 4 years of constant use. We keep a disc in it at all times and in the event someone closes it without a disc, a knife opens it up just fine haha.

But back to the point, the Playstation has the shittiest controller I've ever felt. I mean it's great that it's got better graphics and a Blu-Ray player and yadda yadda yadda things that I don't care much about. Good for Sony. But until they come out with a peripheral that allows me to plug an Xbox 360 controller, I'd never buy.
You can catch me on my Personal website, twitter @Master00Sniper, or YouTube channel. XBL Gamertag: Master00Sniper

#4 AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

They need some real serious jump in console gaming for the next generation to be worth purchasing IMO. Both the Ps3 and Xbox360 lack in exclusive titles is really pathetic as they keep rehashing previous titles instead of taking big risk and making something new. Don't get me wrong, I love Uncharted and God of War, and Fable and Halo but seriously? Something new for the love of god. Far as the red ring of death360, have experienced it before with my launch bought 360 quite a few years after i bought it and I used to play on that thing a lot, anyone that got a red ring within a month of buying theirs clearly didn't have it properly ventilated and cooked it in their tv cabinet.

I'll agree with Greg on the PS controller sucking ass, that was actually my biggest reason for not getting a ps2 for the longest time because the controller just feels bad, more so if you have larger hands. Not comfortable for game play.

But now a 360 joystick on the PC? Hell yeah. Is it sad that i'm happy they made the xbox just so i could use its controller for the PC? probably but I'm not complaining. PC all the way.

#5 Clayden

Clayden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

If any of you have read articles on Cevat Yerli (CEO of Crytek) then you'll see that he is attempting to make free-to-play games in the future using the CryEngine

I wont go into details now because it's too long but if you search on it, you should see the direction the industry is planning to move to. Making games cheaper to play etc is a big step and also potentially risky but only time will tell.

#6 Profexxion

Profexxion

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

Just chiming in as a Sony > Microsoft > Nintendo fan. Fans like this (of any console) annoy me to no end. I'm Playstation all day everyday and I know its like that because of the games I gravitate to: Mostly single player, dynamic, engrossing experiences. You don't get many of those on 360 and the Nintendo just recently got two games I'd play on it (Xenoblade and Last Story). If I was more into multiplayer EXCLUSIVELY I'd probably go 360. But that will never happen.

With these things being said, next gen is a cloudy issue for me. I don't think anything I can imagine is worth me paying another $300+ entry fee, expecially with the current techonology and updates that are allowed. I don't think the 360 or PS3 have maxed out in potential at all.