• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Morton

Greg Morton

Staff

• Moderators
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hey everyone, I'm curious to know what your all time favorite Mech game is, and why. MechWarrior? Mech Assault? Something else? Reply below letting us know your favorite. One person will win a MechWarrior Online beta key, which gives you instant access to the beta you couldn't otherwise join without buying a Founders package.

Winner gets the beta key Sunday, August 5th!
You can catch me on my Personal website, twitter @Master00Sniper, or YouTube channel. XBL Gamertag: Master00Sniper

#2 thefather

thefather

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

I've never played a mech game before but i'm hoping to play mechwarriorOnline. :D

I dunno what else to say.

#3 AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

Woo mechwarrior online, haven't been this excited for a mechwarrior game in awhile. Favorite MechWarrior game I played was actually the "BattleTech" arcade simulator.( http://en.wikipedia....tleTech_Centers ) it cost like 10 bucks to get about 10-15minutes of play time in a pod that had giant speakers behind it and in the seat, and more or less has force feed back, with an entire mech layout with switches everywhere and pedals. greatest thing ever. I jumped in and got a Thor, as a kid this was a awesome experience for me and the graphics were top of the line at the time being mid 90s arcade graphics, better than console games. it was intense. the best part was is that the games were being streamed out to the TVs in the main arcade/bar section so you had the pressure of kicking everyone's ass, because you knew someone was watching that screen. Eitherway me and my brother grouped up and it was team deathmatch, we carried pretty hard it's been years and I don't remember the K/D I just know that during one point I destroyed in a 3v1 situation against equal tier mechs. It was an amaing experience that i was shaking during and after from adrenline.

#4 Jimmy Khanway

Jimmy Khanway

Staff

• Moderators
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

Cyber Troopers: Virtual On for the Dreamcast is hands down, without a motherfucking doubt, my favorite mech game EVER. I'm actually getting a little excited writing about it. Granted, the controls for the game were fucking ridiculous (If you don't recall the Dreamcast had only one joystick on it's controller and controlling a mech with one joystick is fucking hard as hell) and it didn't have any customization whatsoever, but I played that game like it was the only game in the world.

Posted Image

Not gonna lie...I got a hard on just looking at this.

#5 latsyrc

latsyrc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

My favorite Mech game is Mechwarrior 2. It was my introduction to the Mechwarrior Universe, and the start of a (so far) life long love of the universe. I also managed to covert my (then girlfriend, now wife) to the love of Mechwarrior with the Table top strategy game put out by the now defunct Wizkids, and she is looking forward to both MW:O and MW:T as well!

#6 Greg Morton

Greg Morton

Staff

• Moderators
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

I never played the tabletop game, but I have played MechWarrior Tactics and I'm told it's exactly like the tabletop game. Turn based usually isn't my thing, but I might be willing to give it more time when it's released.
You can catch me on my Personal website, twitter @Master00Sniper, or YouTube channel. XBL Gamertag: Master00Sniper

#7 latsyrc

latsyrc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

MW:T is definitely looking to be like the Board game, which was Drop ship loads of fun.

#8 AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

I signed up for the MechWarrior Tactics beta, will be interesting to play if it's like the tabletop game. I have played a version of it in the past, which was really fun and equally frustrating, sadly there wasn't a big interest with my friends at the time so it kind of got shelved.

#9 Greg Morton

Greg Morton

Staff

• Moderators
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

The MechWarrior Online beta key has gone to AmenoKaji.

Hopefully you'll have almost as fun playing it as you did the BattleTech arcade simulator back in the 90's!

#10 AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Thanks a lot Greg! I think this one is going to be the real deal until the arrival of MechWarrior 5 assuming it doesn't eclipse that game since this is a MMO, I have really high hopes, hopefully i'll see you guys in there as well!

#11 Profexxion

Profexxion

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Favorite Mech game? Ha. Zone of the Enders without a doubt. I can't wait for the next gen sequel.

#12 Profexxion

Profexxion

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Oh and actually, its a tie between Zone of the Enders and Front Mission 3. If I had to choose, it'd go to Front Mission simply because that game holds my personal record for most time spent playing.

#13 roxdevicode

roxdevicode

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

Me too never played any Mech Game. Would love to win the key for MechWarrior. Would not like to spend on it at the moment. But would like to have a trial.

#14 Jerieth

Jerieth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Favorite Mech Game? Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries...hand down. I know the game is old, but it is one of my favorites and one of the first to allow so much customization to mechs and pilots.

----------------------

http://www.playnswap.com
#1 Site to Trade your old video games for new ones FREE!