21 replies to this topic

#1 Cristina

Cristina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:45 AM

Well, I decided to actually try and get SOME sort of discussion going on the forums. I just want your personal opinion on what your favorite multiplayer game is. When Black Ops came out, I put a lot of hours into it and still do every now and then. I'm not saying it's my favorite but it was a game that got me more involved into games so...kudos to you Black Ops. So...what game do you love playing with your fellow gamers? (*hopes this post actually gets responses*)

#2 AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

The original Halo, mostly because we used to have huge lan parties when it came out. but my 360 is more or less retired but the last good game i played was Red Dead Redemption, a game I am really hoping comes out on the pc. Borderlands is also a great game as well on the xbox. :)

#3 Jimmy Khanway

Jimmy Khanway

Staff

• Moderators
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Diablo 2. If there was any game in the history of videogames that had me more involved with playing multiplayer than anything else, it was this game. I put at least a month worth of game play time into the multiplayer of this game. I never got a character to level 99 because I had 5 characters going at once and I was kind of in school and I had a life, but I still worked my ass off to get all my characters up to level 80. Diablo 3 was a disappointment in my eyes, but it's still fun as hell even though it doesn't have that Diablo feel to it. Hands down my favorite multiplayer game...EVER!!!!

Since we are talking about multiplayer games in the Xbox section of the forums, I will have to say that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is my favorite Xbox multiplayer game. I was the bee's knee's at that shit. I was untouchable with the Intervention, no-scoping dudes across the map, but alas that game has come and passed and now I am stuck with Modern Warfare 3 where everyone is good at it. Moderately depressing that I am no longer the "shit" at Call of Duty, I guess I'll have to sit and wait for my next multiplayer game that I'm superior at.

Posted Image

#4 Cristina

Cristina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

The original Halo, mostly because we used to have huge lan parties when it came out. but my 360 is more or less retired but the last good game i played was Red Dead Redemption, a game I am really hoping comes out on the pc. Borderlands is also a great game as well on the xbox. :)

I remember playing Halo 3 some as well. I was like, hm..what does this button do..OH THAT. I played casually when I was younger and the past couple of years I've gotten the ball rolling by playing a variety of games. I've heard that Red Dead is a great game, I just haven't gotten around to it. I have though, been playing a lot of Borderlands lately. I'm doing all of the DLC with two other people (Just did Moxxi's Underdome...oh god) and have been really enjoying it! (I'm also trying to get a lot of those achievements which leads me to want to post another thread on the forums..haha)

#5 AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

lol Jimmy, I assumed it was purely xbox related, otherwise I would have said SWG or Vanguard. maybe Battlefield 2 and a shout out to Goldeneye on the n64.

Borderlands is wicked fun, I am looking forward to Borderlands 2 but i'll more than likely get it on the pc instead of one of my consoles. Moxxi's underdome was a pain in the ass, I don't think I ever beat it when I played it. Red Dead Redemption is pretty good, if you're into western games with a GTA like feel as well. I also stopped liking Halo after Halo 2 but that was because of the introductio of 13 year olds yelling over the mic, bad experience. almost like counterstrike. Haha well that's great you got another post idea as well.

#6 Greg Morton

Greg Morton

Staff

• Moderators
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

Halo 2 was my favorite Xbox multiplayer. It came out my Freshman year, and I was broke as hell at the time. Somehow I saved up for it, and managed to convince my parents to let me have Xbox Live around the same time frame. It was my first Xbox Live experience.

Modern Warfare 3 as well. If James says that everyone is good at it, then I must be really really really good cuz everyone I play sucks :P.
You can catch me on my Personal website, twitter @Master00Sniper, or YouTube channel. XBL Gamertag: Master00Sniper

#7 AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

I've seen a few people play MW3, wasn't overly interested in it but if its anything like the BF3 pc population vs console population, then it is really a huge gap in skill for each console. Halo 1 was probably my best experience, sticky grenades to someone's visor so all they see is the glowy pulse of death was such a great way to embarass them hahah, i really wish there was all the recording apps there are now, back then because there was some really good moments.

#8 blasdetejas

blasdetejas

Staff

• Moderators
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

Halo 2 was my favorite Xbox multiplayer. It came out my Freshman year, and I was broke as hell at the time. Somehow I saved up for it, and managed to convince my parents to let me have Xbox Live around the same time frame. It was my first Xbox Live experience.

Halo 2 was my first online multiplayer experience and I gotta say I was hooked instantly! I would definitely have to credit that game for getting me into online gameplay. I definitely wish I would have had a better internet connection though. It was my freshman year of college when I finally got an Xbox and subscribed to Live. Because of our cheap apartment complex's internet connection I got killed....A LOT haha
Before online multiplayer became a big thing the game I remember playing a lot at my cousins' house was SSX and Madden. Those two games were a big deal at their house.
Personal gaming site. Xbox much? Add me: DosBlas

#9 blasdetejas

blasdetejas

Staff

• Moderators
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

Funny that the day after posting on here I got my copy of Game Informer, and what do I see? That's it's dubbed The Co-op Issue!

Posted Image

So here it is folks, their top 30 picks:

30. Resident Evil 5
29. Streets of Rage 2
28. House of the Dead 2
27. Gunstar Heroes
26. Smash TV
25. Journey
24. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
23. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
22. Saint's Row The Third
21. Gauntlet
20. Castle Crashers
19. Rainbow Six Vegas
18. Little Big Planet
17. Double Dragon
16. Crackdown
15. Minecraft
14. Team Fortress
13. Battlefield 2
12. LEGO Star Wars III
11. Gears of War 2
10. Borderlands
9. World of Warcraft
8. Turtles in Time
7. Diablo 2
6. NBA Jam
5. Portal 2
4. Halo
3. Rock Band
2. Contra
1. Left 4 Dead

Do you agree with the list? After reading through it, I have to reconsider my first choice with Halo. Though it did introduce my to the online multiplayer world, I never get tired of teaming up with a buddy to shoot some zombies in Left 4 Dead. I'm also glad to see a classic like Turtles in Time in the top 10.
Personal gaming site. Xbox much? Add me: DosBlas

#10 AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

Not sure how World of Warcraft is on a co-op list. That being said, I can think a few MMOs that are greater than that game. Far as l4d at number one, i've only played it a little bit and didn't get the hype that everyone else got off it. But here's a quick top 5 "co-op" list, including games that shouldn't be considered for such a catagory so I can mimick a list like GI.

1.Contra
2.Halo
3.Star Wars Galaxies
4.Double Dragon
5.Rainbow Six

#11 Clayden

Clayden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

In terms of strenuous hours I would say Left 4 Dead 1
playing through on Expert for hours kept me going

Also, since no one has said it yet (seem to be a lot of Halo/CoD fans here) I'll open up with Gears of War! There is nothing more satisfying than overkill and Gears delivers it so awesomely.

#12 random92

random92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Gears has provided hours of mindlessly violent fun, as has getting ambitious, sticking Expert Realism mode on L4D2, and watching Tanks destroy my team. Can't decide which I prefer, as they've both provided a much needed boredom relief

#13 Tommo2304

Tommo2304

Staff

• Moderators
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Gears has provided hours of mindlessly violent fun, as has getting ambitious, sticking Expert Realism mode on L4D2, and watching Tanks destroy my team. Can't decide which I prefer, as they've both provided a much needed boredom relief

I don't think I could have said it better myself. If there's one game that I could always go back to, it was Gears. My friends and I would round up and tackle some serious adversaries for hours on end. Brilliant, dumb fun.
Check out my Youtube channel! - http://www.youtube.c...4?feature=guide</p>

#14 Deluxe0111

Deluxe0111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

I don't think I could have said it better myself. If there's one game that I could always go back to, it was Gears. My friends and I would round up and tackle some serious adversaries for hours on end. Brilliant, dumb fun.

100% agreement right here! a unique shooter and a brilliant game

#15 Cristina

Cristina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'm glad you brought up Gears! I love the games haha. I actually read the books before the third game was released. I went to the midnight release and ended up buying the console xD

#16 Fizmarble

Fizmarble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

+1 more for original Halo. But for online multiplayer on the original Xbox my mind goes back to Darkwatch. I really had a knack for that game and loved the controls. High Moon did that one and probably learned some from it and applied that knowledge to the Transformers games. Darkwatch was supposed to be a continuing series. I would still like to see it come back.

#17 ChrisG

ChrisG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

My favorite is Battlefield 1942, i love flying around doing capture the flag and picking someone that has the flag up in mid flight and dropping them off and scoring. Plus i get to sale battleships and subs. so awesome, and its still fun. BF3 is good, but you can beat a original game sometimes.

#18 mnzae27

mnzae27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Diablo 2. If there was any game in the history of videogames that had me more involved with playing multiplayer than anything else, it was this game. I put at least a month worth of game play time into the multiplayer of this game. I never got a character to level 99 because I had 5 characters going at once and I was kind of in school and I had a life, but I still worked my ass off to get all my characters up to level 80. Diablo 3 was a disappointment in my eyes, but it's still fun as hell even though it doesn't have that Diablo feel to it. Hands down my favorite multiplayer game...EVER!!!!

Since we are talking about multiplayer games in the Xbox section of the forums, I will have to say that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is my favorite Xbox multiplayer game. I was the bee's knee's at that shit. I was untouchable with the Intervention, no-scoping dudes across the map, but alas that game has come and passed and now I am stuck with Modern Warfare 3 where everyone is good at it. Moderately depressing that I am no longer the "shit" at Call of Duty, I guess I'll have to sit and wait for my next multiplayer game that I'm superior at.

My favorite multiplayer game was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 too, but I think that's actually changing to Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Did anybody get it?

#19 I Love Halo4

I Love Halo4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

I am new to the multiplayer FPS game but i really do like Halo 4. The graphics are cool and it is not as hard to follow as Black Ops 2. I just got into these kind of games so I am sure there are a lot more out there I will enjoy.

#20 Rata1988

Rata1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Always been a Halo fan, read the books and all. I think any game is a good game as long as the people you play with talk and have fun, sometimes its not always about winning or finishing the game.

Just my 2 cents :)