• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 blasdetejas

blasdetejas

Staff

• Moderators
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

I was wondering if I'm the only person that has played some enjoyable video games based on movies. The main one that got me thinking of this topic is Terminator 2 on NES. It was the first game my parents got me (after Super Mario of course). I remember the adrenaline rush I would get trying to get away from the 18-wheeler in the ditch.

Anyone want to share good experiences with movie based video games?
Personal gaming site. Xbox much? Add me: DosBlas

#2 Jimmy Khanway

Jimmy Khanway

Staff

• Moderators
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Going to have to go with Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. It's the only movie based video game that I can think of that I actually went out of my way to find and play years after it came out. I maxed out Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli and I still went back through and played over and over and over.

#3 DerekB

DerekB

Staff

• Moderators
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

Spider-Man 2 all day, best web swinging still in a Spider-Man game

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

I've got to be corny and say: Tomb Raider ;-)

#5 blasdetejas

blasdetejas

Staff

• Moderators
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:10 AM

Going to have to go with Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. It's the only movie based video game that I can think of that I actually went out of my way to find and play years after it came out. I maxed out Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli and I still went back through and played over and over and over.

Ah yes! The Lord of the Rings movie games are definitely up there for me!
Personal gaming site. Xbox much? Add me: DosBlas

#6 Greg Morton

Greg Morton

Staff

• Moderators
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

I think I gotta say spider man 2 as well. I had a blast swinging around New York for hours and hours on end. I don't know if it was just me or not, but the awesomeness of the whole open world took forever to wear off. Even if the actually story seemed... a bit repetitive (oh look, another place I need to be within the time limit yay...).
You can catch me on my Personal website, twitter @Master00Sniper, or YouTube channel. XBL Gamertag: Master00Sniper

#7 Profexxion

Profexxion

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

The Lord of the Rings games are very very tough to beat.

#8 AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

Die hard Predator fan, so i'll have to say the original Aliens vs Predator arcade game and AvP3/(2010) Just because I love shooting people with the plasma caster hehe. Also a big Star Wars junkie so I have to include the Jedi Knight series as well as i'm currently in a clan that plays the jedi academy movie battles 2 mod - http://www.moviebattles.com/ this is pretty good for a fps SW fix, not to mention the hilarious shit that happens due to the physics and it being a quake engine based game with silly ragdolls.

#9 Profexxion

Profexxion

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Die hard Predator fan, so i'll have to say the original Aliens vs Predator arcade game and AvP3/(2010) Just because I love shooting people with the plasma caster hehe. Also a big Star Wars junkie so I have to include the Jedi Knight series as well as i'm currently in a clan that plays the jedi academy movie battles 2 mod - http://www.moviebattles.com/ this is pretty good for a fps SW fix, not to mention the hilarious shit that happens due to the physics and it being a quake engine based game with silly ragdolls.

Oh damn. You got me there. That game was hellishly addictive (the arcade title).

#10 Fizmarble

Fizmarble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

It's ok if you laugh, but I loved Who Framed Roger Rabbit? on the NES. It was open world, you had use your noodle, it featured pretty much every character from the movie, and it even had a phone number in the game that if you called it in real life, you got a recorded message from Jessica Rabbit. Ahead of its time, it was. From the modern era, Chronicles of Riddick:Escape from Butcher Bay.

#11 Zach Bonner

Zach Bonner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

I'm also with the Spider-Man 2 group. That game blew my mind. The LOTR games and The Incredible Hulk are a couple of honorable mentions.
PSN Username: hwerks2k
YouTube: cptcrunchy930 & ZachAttacksReviews (coming soon)