• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Goku

Goku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

What does everyone who played and finished "Kingdom Hearts 3D - Dream, Drop, Distance" think about it and the plot overall so far? I LOVE the game, but was left so confused as to what happened in the plot once I beat it, that I had to watch a couple of videos and read the KH Wiki to fully "understand" it. KH never fails to become more convoluted and confusing with every new entry but that is also what I love about this series the most because I get to have really in-depth conversations about the different entries in the series.

What are your thoughts?

#2 Profexxion

Profexxion

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I don't give a crap about spoilers, someone please tell me this sets up for Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm so tired of waiting.

#3 Zach Bonner

Zach Bonner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

I don't give a crap about spoilers, someone please tell me this sets up for Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm so tired of waiting.

It's getting there. Yen Sid in this game was preparing Sora and Riku to battle Xehanort by having them undergo the Mark of Mastery exam that would make them Keyblade masters. If you played Birth By Sleep, this is the same thing that Aqua and Terra had to do. Things get all fuckered up though and Sora doesn't pass while Riku does. In the secret ending, Yen Sid wants to gather seven Keyblade masters and go to war with the new Organization that Xehanort has created. Anyways, it is setting up for KH 3, which is what the feeling is currently. I don't think that was an official announcement. You should pick it up if you have a 3DS,,it's a really good game. You should play 358/2 Days, Re:Coded (not necessary to play actually), and Birth By Sleep as well. Every side-game has been telling either backstory or progressing it ever so slowly. I think they are building enough anticipation to the point that the third will be mind-blowing.
PSN Username: hwerks2k
YouTube: cptcrunchy930 & ZachAttacksReviews (coming soon)

#4 Zach Bonner

Zach Bonner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

I thought it was great, and the new features added a lot. The story can get a bit convoluted sometimes but I have a knack for keeping up on plot, being such a RPG-nut for all of my gaming years. I would only hope that they develop a bitchin' one-on-one Keyblade duel system in the third to where the battles can be on a huge scale. I consistent problem I have had since the second game though, is that they are too easy. I have beaten every game up to this point (besides 3D) on the hardest difficulty and it still can't bring back the challenge that the first game presented. Even Chain of Memories was challenging but I don't really count that as apart of what I'm talking about purely on the merit that it is a completely different combat system. So yeah, I loved 3D, thought it was a great way to build up to the third.
PSN Username: hwerks2k
YouTube: cptcrunchy930 & ZachAttacksReviews (coming soon)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 3D, KH, KH 3D, Dream Drop Distance, 3DS, Nintendo