Photo
- - - - -

Do people actually return videogames...even if they are good?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmy Khanway

Jimmy Khanway

Staff

• Moderators
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

I went to the mall with my friend today and he said he needed to stop by GameStop on the way home. When we went to go inside he had a few games in his hand which forced me to ask him what videogames he was returning? It turns out he was going to return Mass Effect 2, Portal, Dark Souls and something else that I can't remember.

I fucking love all of those games...well maybe not that one I can't remember...and I really couldn't believe he was going to turn them in for $30. Personally, I never and I mean NEVER return a videogame. I didn't even return HomeFront or Duke Nukem Forever and those games were terrible. My crappy game collection is more or less something I stare at from time to time to remind me to do my homework when videogame shopping or I'll end up with $60 of crap. Am I just crazy or do people still hold on to videogames no matter how shitty they are?

#2 Greg Morton

Greg Morton

Staff

• Moderators
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

I never sell video games myself, at least not until I get rid of all consoles that are able to play it. Besides the fact that it takes selling a bazillion games to pay for one brand new one, I like seeing my collection grow, and I'm a very nostalgic person. I just recently started playing KOTOR 2 again, and it's a fucking blast. The only games I'll actually sell are the ones that I no longer have a console for, which most recently has been all of my (and my brothers) original Playstation games, as well as the rest of our Nintendo 64 games.
You can catch me on my Personal website, twitter @Master00Sniper, or YouTube channel. XBL Gamertag: Master00Sniper

#3 Cristina

Cristina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

I don't sell my games back either. I think it's nice to actually have a gaming library to look at every now and then and if you really enjoyed a game, you can easily pick it off the shelf and play it over. Lately, I've been eyeing my BioShock debating whether to play it again. The last thing I can remember returning which was game related was my Xbox because I was buying the Gears console, and the broken Alan Wake I forgot to check. Even then, it was replaced with a different copy of Alan Wake.

#4 Deluxe0111

Deluxe0111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Personally I will keep those games I fall in love with and worth keeping - those I buy just to try out ill play for a week or so and then return them to tryout another game.

#5 jammer420

jammer420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

WOW!!! I just got a free Xbox live codes athttp://mscodes.info/

#6 Jerieth

Jerieth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I return video games if they don't have a high replay value. For example, if the game has a really in-depth story I tend to trade it in after I beat it. Same with most RPGs. Action and fighting games I usually keep, but I have traded a few of those as well. Right now with my budget being low, I tend to trade most of the games I don't play anymore. For example, I recently traded in Army of Two and Dead Island for a couple new games. Right now I am playing L.A. Noire and Kill Zone 3.

-------------------------------

http://www.playnswap.com
#1 Site to Trade your old video games for new ones FREE!

#7 Tearraven

Tearraven

Staff

• Moderators
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

I used to return every game I beat just because I felt like I would never go back and play through it again. As digital distribution began to become more and more accessible on any modern platform, I started to use that so I couldn't trade in my games. It works flawlessly and I truly enjoy being able to know I can go back to any game that I may miss or want to truly 100% and not have to hunt it down again. As for older classics that aren't available through digital distribution, I just keep them unless I haven't touched them for at least half a year. I may sell them at that point.